Monday, March 18, 2013

experiment iiic: paper sculpting

Alas, I was not always a jealous paper copycat...

papers + vellums

I actually experimented a long time ago with paper art but completely forgot about it.  I did these pieces in high school--Helen, as a teenager, sitting on the floor watching tv and using the back of a watercolor pad to cut on because she didn't know what a cutting mat was yet.  I actually find life takes you in full circles like this very often....

And so, that which had fangirled Spirited Away, has grown up and...continued to fangirl.  Anyways, here is a cloud series inspired by a Diana Wynne Jones's book, Castle in the Air.



That which once paper-arted before, shall paper-art again!

So it has been decreed.

The conclusion of my experiment: I adore paper as a medium.  Expect to see more in the future.

(finis!)